Maker in Lockdown

 Welcome!

I thought it would be beneficial for myself, for the Remakery and for makers who follow and for anyone else who is interested to document my experience in the Maker In Residence program.

It's due to begin tomorrow at the Windsor Remakery.

NSW Covid Lockdown had other ideas.

But that doesn't mean I can't still get busy with my making.

As a matter of fact, as soon as I applied, I started work on some projects to kick start my involvement in the Maker In Residence Program.


The first picture is a WIP of some CDs I stripped to repurpose as suncatchers. They will be swinging in the middle of some of my circular crochet sculptures later.


And here is a LARGE work I have in progress. I repurposed a quilters hoop I wasn't using to crochet around and the first layer is yarn from a repurposed jumper. This is going to take a long time I think. Did I bit off more than I could chew? I hope not.


This one is nearly finished. It will be suitable for the garden, being crocheted from plastic. The middle section is repurposed beads, melted to make a suncatcher. I've yet to add a dangling element below. I can't wait to see it lit up from behind and swinging in a breeze.


and lastly, here is a completed work that I'm calling Silver Snow. It was hard to photograph to show the lovely glints that shimmer off the silver thread used on the exterior. There are soft elements to this one, so it's best for indoors, hung in a window to catch the sun and a breeze would be beautiful, I hope you agree.

Yesterday we received an email letting us all know which artists have been included in the program and we have started introducing ourselves. I can't wait to meet the others for real once lock down is over.

That's it from me for today. I hope to post as least once a week to update on my progress in the program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Goes Into a Spirit Doll?

Precious Gift

Something Finished and Something New