Working Away

 Here's a little video showing me working with a size 40 thread. It's not the smallest thread I've worked with and I'm still pretty new to this, which is why I'm looking all fingers and thumbs still. but I know I'll get quicker and more confident as I go.


This little flower ended up encased in resin...


The experiment wasn't a success unfortunately, but these little flowers only take about half an hour to crochet.

In the same experiment, I was trying to encase half this piece of lace I made. I like the way it turned out actually and I'll definitely do something like this again...

Even though the experiment didn't go as I wanted. I love how the lace hardened and conformed to the shape. I get excited thinking about all the shapes I can mould the lace into. 

Here's what they looked like before they were encased.


I've always wanted to make fabric pieces that I knew would stand the test of time, not fading or breaking down as is their natural process. So for me, this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for reading
Jennidee








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Goes Into a Spirit Doll?

Precious Gift

How to Avoid a UFO